How to prevent home break-ins in Ballarat over Christmas and New Year’sDecember 16, 2020
Are you planning on going away for the festive season? Maybe you plan on visiting some friends and family out of the Ballarat region, and want to maintain the highest security measures for your home? Sectrol Security are here to help. Equipped with advanced technology and offering 24/7 customer support, the Sectrol team provide the best quality security services in Ballarat for residential clients, that are simply unmatched by our competitors.
With Christmas and New Year’s quickly approaching, it is time to start thinking about how you are going to prevent home break-ins over this period. It has been proven that during this time, crime increases due to the fact that many people leave their home unattended to visit family or go on holidays. Homes are left vacant and thieves can see this as an opportunity. This is something that is very unfortunate and certainly not in the spirit of Christmas, but it is also something that is not totally out of our control. There are a few key things that we as homeowners can do to prevent the loss of our precious and valuable items, including:
- Test and clean your security systems; that includes security sensors, CCTV cameras, alarms and other security methods. It is also recommended that you do not cover or obstuct security systems with Christmas decorations, as this can lead to false alarms.
- Have your mail collected by a trusted neighbour or friend, as well as have your bins moved out from the street. If bins are left for days on end in the same position, it could indicate that the premise is unattended.
- It is also recommended that if you are going away for a longer period of time that you consider installing lights that work on a timer, to create the visual appearance that someone is home.
- Be careful about what you post online, as you don’t won’t the wrong people to find out you are away and take advantage of you being absent.
- Keep your valuable items out of view from outsiders and secure items in your front yard.
- We advise you to inform our Monitoring Centre if you plan on going away with the dates of your trip, to allow us to take extra precaution over your home.
The security of your home or business is our main priority over the upcoming holiday season, and our team want to do everything we can to allow you to have the relaxing trip away you deserve. While our services are available 24/7, our reception and administration office will be closed from the 23rd of December to the 6th of January 2021. To learn more about our security services in Ballarat or to submit an inquiry, please contact us on (03) 5329 0800 today.